What to Do While You're Here
- Visit Onslow Beach. MCCS will allow you to rent equipment from the Crab Shack. Just show proof that you are with the reunion (Reunion Letter, Schedule, etc).
- Go have lunch and grab a drink at the SNCO Club that is now located in the old Lejeune High School Cafeteria. Take a look at their menu.
- Got some things to do posted on my Pinterest Board.
- Onslow County Tourism has a list of things to do on their Pinterest Board as well.
- Ride the ferry and visit Hammocks Beach State Park.
- Stop at the Onslow County Museum (324 Wilmington Hwy, 910-324-5008) located in the heart of Richlands. Remember the history and see all the changes since your high school days gathered together in one location. The museum has done a fantastic job of showcasing Onslow County from prehistoric to present in one gallery – with a second gallery used to spotlight special moments in our history!
- Then head up the road a piece on Hwy 258 (heading towards Kinston) and stop by one of our newest treasures – Huffman Vineyards at Mirey Creek. This unique gift shop is home to our only winery in Onslow County. Do a tasting of over 21+ varieties – sweet, semi-sweet, or dry – with several special fruit wines!
- From here cruise down the street and cross over Hwy 24 and head to Mike’s Farm. This hidden treasure is a gift shop, bakery, and if it is Thursday, Friday, or Saturday – enjoy family style dinner from 4:30 pm to 8 pm with some of the best home cooking you have had in a while. Fried chicken, pork loin, ham biscuits, Ms Mike’s famous Mac & Cheese, and assorted veggies. Also comes with desserts and beverage- yum, yum! 910-324-3422. Located at 1600 Haw Branch Rd (around corner from Ellis Airport).